Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dog Days in Mexico

My friend Christy, her son Kai, my dog Jack and I headed to Rocky Point, Mexico today with Spencer and the kids and several families from their ward. Brooke could not come because of a prior committment, and I think Spencer only came because he felt obligated to since he invited me. We took off this morning from Phoenix and got to the beach around noon. We are camping on this trip, so we immediately had to set up camp. I must admit, it was nice though because the ward helped us get our tents up and get us totally settled. It felt very hot outside, so once we had camp set up, we headed off to the beach. The beach was absolutely fantastic! It was a beautiful day and the water was great. This is Jack's first experience with the beach and he had the time of his life. Jack was enjoying the water so much. He was jumping the waves, swimming, and chasing the kids. He was loving every minute of it. The only thing I think he must have thought was weird was drinking all of the sea water and having it taste so funny, I don't think he loved that. It will be an interesting challenge to keep him hydrated this weekend with fresh water. I have to admit though, I was very proud of Jack. He was very well behaved around all the kids and was more obedient than usual. It was so great.
Another great thing about the beach,
is all the people coming around selling yummy treats. My favorite was the mango guy. He would peel fresh mango's on a stick and then cut them open for you to enjoy. The best part, was that he would squeeze fresh lime over the mango. It was absolutely delicious! I never would have thought of that, but what a treat!!
Chasey boy has really learned to love Jack on this trip. It has been fun to see him go from being scared around Jack to absolutely wanting to spend every minute with him. I thought this was so cute. He wanted me to take a pic of him and Jack chillin in my tent watching Scooby Doo movies. It was so cute.

Tonight for dinner we went to a yummy place called The Chicken Hut. The food was so delicious! I mean, you can't really go wrong with charcoal grilled chicken, homemade beans, homemade tortillas, and delicious rice. I absolutely love authentic homemade mexican food. It was a really fun experience and the food was fantastic!

What an incredibly fun day! I have had a total blast so far and as you can tell, Jack has as well. I feel so lucky to have such fun experiences in my life. What a lucky person I am.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

mmmm - this sounds like my kind of vacation. Mexico, Mangos & Mucho Mos Sun. Sign me up!