Friday, May 2, 2008

Lifesaving in Rocky Point

We had another fun, eventful day today in Rocky Point. We basically spent the entire day at the beach. It was so great! The weather has been fantastic. Thank heavens for a breeze or else it would be way too hot here!! Jack has had so much fun again today. All the kids from the ward have completely fallen in love with Jack. There is not a moment that goes by that he doesn't have kids surrounding him. He has enjoyed that. He does not normally get that much attention. Jack was so funny. He would go out and swim around for awhile, and then go up to the beach and roll around in the sand and get completely dirty. It makes me wonder what is going through their heads.
It was so fun down at the beach today. It was just so relaxing and I loved it. I don't know what it is exactly, but every once in a while,
it is so rejuvinating to just sit on the beach and relax. I am pretty easy to please, just a nice little beach and some delicious mangos passing by every once in a while and a cold water to drink and I am happy. It was nice because, the water was just cool enough to be very refreshing. Took the breath away at first, but felt good once I was in it.
We had a very eventful night tonight.
Spencer told me that they were going to the fish market to get shrimp and fish to eat for dinner. Since that is not my favorite thing to eat, Christy, Kai and I went to the Chicken Hut for dinner again. When we got back from dinner, they were still cooking the fish and shrimp. Well as Spencer was eating the shrimp, he started getting hives all over his body. Thank heavens Christy had some childrens benadryl and I gave him some pepcid. Well, a few minutes later Spencer asked me about when should you go to the ER for breathing problems. And I said if you are having breathing problems, you go ten minutes ago. So, off to the red cross we go. Let me tell you, I felt like I was in an episode of MASH. It was so funny! Their equiptment was so incredibly old. I so wish I had my camera so that I could have documented it, but when you are worried about breathing, you don't think about things like cameras. Anyway, as he was being treated, they told him he would need a shot in the butt of steroids. So as I am trying to walk away, they pull his pants down. Not my favorite part of the day. Its not like I wanted to see my brother in laws butt. Oh well, I guess if you have seen one, you have seen them all. Thank heavens that it all ended well, but we did have a little scare there for a while. Don't you love the pic of Caden with the raw shrimp? It is actual proof of the scene of the crime. As you can tell by the sunset, it ended up being a beautiful night.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This confirms my thinking that we should never eat things that swim! I'm so glad you were there Kim. You know what they say about a Nurse's work is never done. . . so true. Great job.