Friday, July 27, 2012

life of a cruise ship nurse: santorini, greece (oia)

i am back in santorini! it is quite possibly one of my most favorite places on earth!  it is spectacularly beautiful and the people are so kind. i remember when i was a teenager i had one of those greece calendars that had all these amazing pictures of santorini. it was my absolute dream to come on vacation here. well, this is my second time here.  my dream has completely come true! times two.

today the lead nurse gave me the gift of a tour excursion.  it was a panoramic tour of santorini.  i am so stinkin lucky!  the tour took us to the highest point on santorini and then to oia and fira. this first post will cover oia.  there were way to many pictures to do the whole of santorini in one blog posting.  i just couldn't choose between them. santorini is fabulous.

clouds rolling in

church in oia

the people paint their houses white to keep them cool.  it is incredibly hot and humid here even though it looks like a desert

i love the blue and white with the bright flowers


oia

me in oia

clock tower


my absolute favorite picture of a church here in oia

the side of the mountain here in oia










door to nowhere









this looks like someones home. they have their boat anchored and if you look really closely, there are two people swimming in the water.  what a cool life!


i could not love oia more.  it is so much fun

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love Santorini too! I was going to go on a private boat ride around the island with a really handsome man, but Mother Nature had other plans...it was too windy and the Captain wouldn't let him lower the fast rescue boat. Sad, but perhaps I'll be lucky enough to go again someday!