Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm just not feelin it!

This is kind of an unusual post for me to do, because anyone who knows me well, knows that I am in love with the Christmas season and all that comes with it. I normally love the Christmas tunes (which now start the day after Halloween), the decorations, the festive spirit, the snow, etc. But for some reason, this year I am not feeling it. Can you say Bah Humbug?!? Can we just skip Christmas this year? You know that movie "Christmas with the Kranks" they decide to skip Christmas and go on a cruise. That seems like a really good deal right now. This lack of Christmas mood could be for several reasons. Number one, the fact that Christmas tunes start the day after Halloween....by the time Christmas actually comes around, I am so sick of hearing them that I would rather listen to anything else! Secondly, it finally snowed here in Utah! That is a huge deal for me. It was incredibly cold, and yellow outside (weeds). It is hard to feel like Christmas when there is no snow on the ground. Now that it has snowed and snowed and snowed, I finally am feeling like Christmas could be right around the corner. I might be able to pull this one off. It is like the hail mary pass in the end of the game, maybe the Christmas spirit can finally arrive!!

No comments: