Sunday, April 12, 2009

Girls in New York day 3

Unfortunately we awakened to rain this morning. That definitely puts a damper (no pun intended) on the day. It was cold and wet and miserable. But, we made the most of it. We took the train out to Coney Island (45 minute train ride) and ate Hot dogs at the famous Nathan's. If it had been a better day, we would have ridden the scariest roller coaster on earth (The Cyclone)I can honestly say that this was the one time today I was grateful for the storm. I did not want to ride that rollercoaster again. It is the scariest one I have ever been on.
We then headed back to Manhattan and headed to 5th Avenue. It was rainy, but fun. We made the token trip to Tiffany's. I love the photo with the rings in it because of the little note....Please inquire about our financing options. (this ring costs more than most people's entire house cost)
The weather finally decided to clear up, so we went to the "top of the rock". It is the top floors of the Rockefeller center. It has unparalleled views of Manhattan and the Empire State Building. I think it is gorgeous from up here. I love that you can see forever.
Tonight we went to The Phantom of the Opera. I really enjoy that show a lot. It has fantastic music and is fun to see.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

I caught up on all of your blogs since the Girl Scout cookie one and enjoyed reading about your trip to NYC. I also liked the picture of the solitary tree. Where is that?

Amy J said...

What a great time!! It looks like you have also seen many things that most tourists don't take the time to do! Have fun!

Debbie said...

Looks fun! I want to get away!! Christy looks the exact same!

Brooke said...

Oh, you are making me so jealous. I am dying to go back there. I hope you don't get arrested for those pictures of the purses :-)
I am glad you had so much fun. Maybe someday I can go with you.