Sunday, June 1, 2008

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina


My mom, aunt Sandy, and I headed for a fun filled vacation to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on Friday. It has been so incredibly much fun! We started out the day on saturday at an outlet mall. What could be better than an entire outlet mall full of sales? We had a good time there, but quickly became tired. So we decided to head back to our hotel and take a walk on the beach. The beach is beautiful and was absolutely fantastic. The sand is like flour. It is so fine and so soft. I love it! Plus they have dunes on the beach that have beach grass growing out of them. You know the photographer in me, I can't help but love to take pics of scenes like that. It was great! Also, something that surprised me about the water here, is that it is warm. I was all prepared to be frozen by the water and it was so nice and warm.We ate at a place called Islamoreda Fish Company for lunch. It was a fun place to eat with really yummy food. I actually ended up ordering Grilled chicken. You know how much I love seafood. We all went away happy about that place.
Today, we got up early and headed off to go to church. My mom had mapquested it beforehand and we just followed the directions that it gave us. They were not right. It was like a wild goose chase. We drove around for a while and then just gave up and went to lunch.
Today again we spent a lot of time on the beach. We just walked up and down the beach in the water looking for seashells and taking photos. It was very relaxing and very fun.
I am having an absolute blast on this trip. It has been so much fun and so relaxing. It is really beautiful here. I love the ocean. It is so nice to sit and watch the ocean and listen to the peaceful sounds. I love the ocean.

No comments: