Thursday, June 4, 2015

House remodel: we're starting with paint.

i bought this house last fall, and desperately needed to upgrade paint, among other things.  we are going to start with paint though.  it is easy, and honestly my house looks like its worth $10,000 more just by painting alone.  it gave my house a quick and easy face-lift.  the original front door has no color.  just a 1959 wood door. the garage door is this hideous brownish orange. now, orange is my favorite color. however, it needs to be a decent color of orange...
image source: google maps
my cute house.  this image comes from google maps.  thanks to them, i have a before pic of the outside of my house. i know i took some pics of my new house way back when i bought it.  for the life of me i cannot find them anywhere.  thank heavens for google maps
this is my living room before pic.  the paint looked horrible!!  i cannot emphasize enough how bad of a paint job the people i bought the house from had done. they had tried to cover up mistakes with different sheen's of paint.  there was glossy on eggshell on satin.  it was horrible!

getting the paint up on the wall.  this is flashpoint from kwal howells paint.  my absolute favorite color. #orange 

this is the before on the opposite wall.  they had hung molding around the windows but never stained the wood. serious help was needed.

this is the after of the window wall.  we painted the front door and all the moldings white, the walls in a color called sandstone cove, and all the other doors in the house we also painted white.

the boys are relaxing in their new living room.  i had to block the room from them for one week. they are excited to be back!

one more pic of the final product without my 4-legged models. still needs some decor on the walls and a lamp, but i am very happy with it!

final product.  we painted the garage chocolate brownie and the front door the same orange as the wall in the house (flashpoint). it seriously changed the entire look of the outside of the house.  i absolutely love it.  so happy with how it turned out. now to work on my garden.


No comments: