Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Winter Fun

One of my favorite winter sports is now snowshoeing. It is so incredibly enjoyable! I love being able to get a good workout while enjoying the sounds of nature, the warm sun on my face, and my cute dog Jack! I have gone snowshoeing several times and Jack always enjoys every minute of it. On one of our little hikes, he found the water first thing. I don't know how he didn't completely freeze to death! Once he went in, it was hard to get him out. He had such a great time. Afterwards, he was wet and had to be cold. He started digging in the snow with his snout and then he started rolling around in the snow. He honestly looked like he was having a seizure. It was so funny. I wondering if he was trying to dry himself off after being so wet.
I have had so much fun just being up there myself. The weather has been fantastic and the mountains are gorgous.
I have been trying to convince some of my friends that snowshoeing is the way to get winter exercise. I might have a permanent convert in Christy. She came with Jack and I and she had a fantastic time.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

You are so outdoorsy! Really, looks like you all had a wonderful time.