Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Birds

I have a fantastic walking trail behind my house that goes on for literally miles. I absolutely love it! It is a place where Jack and I go almost on a daily basis and take long walks. I can watch the beautiful sunset from where I walk and I just love it. It is a fun and peaceful place to be.
I don't know if any of you have ever seen the movie 'The Birds' but it is a great Alfred Hitchcock movie from 1963. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.
As we walk, there is a group of birds that follow us every single day. They chirp and squak and literally circle over our heads for at least a mile. I cannot help but think of that movie every time we are on a walk and hope that I don't suddenly have a bird swoop down on me. I also can't help but think how painful that beak would be as it was was pecking me to death!! The birds are actually very beautiful and I really enjoy listening to them. I have absolutely no idea what kind of bird they are, but love to watch them while I am on my walk and hope that they don't suddenly go psychotic on Jackie Wackie and I.

No comments: